write ● edit ● create
email@example.com ● 804.277.WONK (9665) ● Oklahoma City Area, OK
A highly organized, dependable Creative Professional with a passion for people, words, and creativity looking for exciting new writing, editing, assistance, curation and art direction projects and opportunities.
Successful in content development, curation and project management; collaboration and relationship building, I employ creative, innovative writing and editing techniques and implement web and cloud based technologies to provide socially conscious professionals, creatives, non-profits and organizations with superlative, intuitive and effective writing, editing and virtual assistance solutions.
Personal Chef To Go – Richmond, VA
• Built and developed an outstanding industry blog; increased readership 150%
• Created and coordinated product reviewer campaign to increase brand awareness
• Composed, coordinated, developed and published original content blog articles
• Composed, coordinated, developed and published original content for weekly newsletter
• Researched, developed, and coordinated successful online content with customer incentive initiatives
• Established social media presence to help drive company success, managing Facebook and Twitter pages
• Provided virtual and on site customer service, order processing and administrative support for office management and service teams
1212 Gallery – Richmond, VA
• Developed and implemented online communications
• Developed web strategies to help drive company success
• Composed blog articles and developed successful online content
• Curated and coordinated fine art and photography exhibitions
• Administered Gallery operations in the Director’s absence
Cyclonic Consulting – Richmond, VA
• Coordinated new media project management
• Developed online content from origination to publication
• Coordinated Social media, online community and grassroots outreach efforts
• Collaboration in strategic planning, market strategy, sustainability, leadership development and communications
VSA Arts of Virginia – Richmond, VA
• Assisted the Executive Director in all facets of office administration and fund development.
• Provided grant and proposal writing, RFP reviews, program management and fundraising events
• Established and maintained a blog for VSA of Virginia
• Facilitated weekly open studio workshops to artists with disabilities, providing guidance and mentoring
• Created, developed and facilitated an arts presentation program, Outside the Lines, showcasing fine artists and photographers living with disabilities in the Central Virginia area.
The Beltane Papers – Richmond, VA
• Published a content rich, monthly, print spirituality journal for women
• Collaborated with the magazine Founding Editor and editorial staff
• Contributed essays, reviews, interviews and articles which appeared in several issues
• Recruited several well-known authors to contribute monthly columns
• Chose content, proofread edited and curated contributing author and artist submissions
• Mentored contributing authors, artists and other contributors
Creative•Wonk – Richmond, VA
• Provides writing and editing services for writers, artists, creative professionals, and organizations
• Excels in web content, copy, newsletter, grant & proposal, resume, technical, and business writing
• Specializes in creative non-fiction, essay, review, interview, article and creative writing
• Enjoys web content, essay, article, newsletters, e-zine, magazine and manuscript proofreading and editing
• Passionate about research, fact checking, permissions and sourcing images
• Applies AP and Chicago Manual of Styles fluently
• Consults regarding internet presence, cloud-based tools and copyright solutions
• Excels in virtual and on site executive and administrative assistance, including customer service
Creative•Conjure – Richmond, VA
• Specializes in Assemblage, Collage and Found Object Charms and Jewelry
• Launched, coordinated and curated Human Ärt?-fakts, an International Assemblage Exhibition
• Facilitates small art workshops and offers art tutoring in the greater Richmond area
• Curates and coordinates fine art and photography exhibitions
• Excellent art direction and gallery/venue installation
• Work has been seen by audiences all over the United States with collectors in Virginia, Washington D.C, California, New York and England
Pasadena City College – Pasadena, CA
TECHNICAL: Writing • Editing • Fine Art & Craft • Social Media Management • Project Development • Workshop Facilitation • Fund Development
DIGITAL: Online content optimization • Content origination, editing and management • Web and cloud based tools • Keyword analysis and selection
STRENGTHS: Strong people and relationship ability • Passion for process • Intuitive organization • Creative critical thinking • Community Building • Collaboration and brainstorming • Thrives on change • Strong work ethic • Forward thinking
Blair Grossman, co-Owner and VP Sales and Marketing at Personal Chef To Go, Inc.
Staying on top of the blogisphere and social media world is a tall order when running a business. I am grateful to have Kris be my trusted point person on my newsletter and blog post as well and anything that pops up that needs timely attention with professional copy writing in the digital sphere. Kris is a one woman shop who has increased our newsletter readership by 150% and built our outstanding blog that is the envy of our industry and often used for content with our business partners. Kris is easy to work with and will not disappoint!
July 2012, Blair was Krishanna’s client
Lynn Limon, Owner, 1212 Gallery/FTOGRFY Inc
Krishanna has consistently helped my business by providing excellent guidance and superlative skills regarding Internet presence. Because she is an artist as well as our IT consultant, she offers a unique combination of creativity and technological know-how that has made our website and blog a stand-out.
March 2009, Lynn was Krishanna’s client
Marie Worley, VADARS, Commonweath of Virginia
Krishanna has shown initiative, resourcefulness and creativity in her role of Community Evangelist. She has a unique talent for fostering and supporting community connections and sharing resources in the emerging field of self employment and entrepreneurship for persons with disabilities. Krishanna has the ability to take a project thru conceptualization, implementation and finally the evaluation stage. Versatile. Artistic. Innovative. Farsighted.
March 2009, Marie was a consultant or contractor to Krishanna at Cyclonic Consulting
William Seaton, Business Development Manager, Commonwealth of Virginia
Krishanna displays an energetic attitude in all that she does! She has a firm belief in making a difference and doing it with flair and grace.
August 2008, William was with another company when working with Krishanna at Cyclonic Consulting
Mary Knapp, Executive Director, VSA art of Virginia
“Krishanna is masterful at managing limited resources as well leveraging her contacts within the artistic and disability communities for the advancement of the VSAV mission. She has been a great asset to us, and will no doubt continue to be in the future. I have found her to be reliable, hard-working, self-reliant, creative and has always set (and met) a high expectation of herself and others. Kris understands the unique needs of the disability, the nonprofit and the artistic communities and is invaluable as an advocate and manager”.
May 2008, Mary was the Executive Director when working with Krishanna at VSA Arts of Virginia